Organizers of Salt Lake Comic Con (SLCC) today announced industry gaming legends will join other celebrities at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City for its inaugural event on September 5-7, 2013.
The convention has secured a world-class lineup of video game guests including:
- John Romero, id Software co-founder designer of Quake and Doom.
- Brenda Romero, Wizardry, Dungeons & Dragons designer and Microsoft Women in Games Lifetime Achievement recipient
- Ed Fries who created the Microsoft Game Studio
- Chris Jones, Access Software co-founder that developed the massively successful golf game Links and the Tex Murphy series
- Tehyon Kim from DDM Agency, the leading agency for video games
- Tommy Tallarico, co-creator of Video Games Live
- Roger Altizer, co-founder of University of Utah #1 ranked game program in the nation
A variety of film and TV, comic artists, book authors and cosplay celebrities will also attend. A host of panels and more guests are being added daily. More information about the convention is available on the Convention website.
“We now have a world class lineup from the video game industry to complement our already stellar guest list,” said Dan Farr, Show Producer. “These are the individuals that have significantly shaped the industry into what exists today.”
Information about VIP, 3-Day and Single Day Ticket sales are available at www.SaltLakeComicCon.com.
Salt Lake Comic Con is Salt Lake’s first comic convention (comic con) and is expected to draw 35,000 – 45,000 attendees. The pop culture convention attracts a wide cross-section of fans eager to meet and greet the creators, actors, writers, and artists. The show includes top talent from the worlds of comic, film, television, book and gaming and includes a dazzling selection of artists in the Artist Alley and a Film Festival.